Laura Livingstone is a Partner and joint Head of the Employment department at London law firm Gordon Dadds LLP. Laura’s practice focuses on contentious and non-contentious employment work but she leans towards the non-contentious with a particular specialism in providing practical solutions in relation to the Transfer of Undertakings (Protections of Employment) Regulations 2006 (“TUPE”). She has advised a wide variety of corporate clients ranging from luxury retail, technology, architecture, media and shipping. She has also dealt with a large number of high net worth individuals in negotiations on contracts and settlements. She has extensive experience advising on all areas of employment law including the following:
- Mergers and acquisitions including sales of insolvent companies and companies out of administration;
- Providing advice in relation to the TUPE including outsourcing (service provision change) and the insolvency provisions;
- Advising on large and small scale redundancy exercises including coaching directors and managers on the process involved;
- Providing HR managers and finance/managing directors with day-to-day support on all aspects of dealing with employer/employee relations ranging from flexible working, serious performance issues, changes in terms, redundancies and commercial problems associated with departures of key employees. It has also included preparing tribunal proceedings following receipt of employee claims;
- Negotiating and advising on the termination of executives on both sides of the fence including advising boards of directors on how to conduct the process in the most sensitive way.